Namn: Lösen:

Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?

(Läst 526 gånger.)

Du måste vara inloggad för att skicka mail!

Hej Kajsa!
(Jag skriver pa engelska)

At first well done for getting rid of your health problems.
I agree with dr Westmann, except for one thing: A diving doctor is not only for healthy, young divers. Or only to give one standard B6 treatment. One of the hardest tasks is to answer your questions.
I have seen bad and good things in the swedish health system. I believe strongly that oncology and hematology is one of the strongest papers here. Therefore I would suggest you to follow your doctor's advice.
As progress has been done in chemotherapy, we tend to see more divers having received some kind of it. Even some diving accidents we had in Athens could have been related to previous cancer treatments.
As dr Westmann says, the heart and lungs are common targets.
But so is the bone marrow. It is also important to check the status of your peripheral blood. Sometimes it is the platelets and other times the erythrocytes' membrane that is more fragile to nitrogen.
I can not tell you to dive or not or how much by the phone or through the forum. It was not a bad idea to listen to what others have experienced, but every one is a different individual.
Yes, there are people like you who dive. Yes, there are people like you who get DCI. Yes there healthy people who get DCI. And yes, life has a lot of faces. Even if you are not diving, you may still lay back and enjoy what you have.
Again congratulations on your recovery. And good luck. As you see, the road is long. Live it.
Mvh and all my respect
Georgios Gr. Sidiras,
Hyperbaric Physician

Georgios Sidiras
Georgios Sidiras 2007-12-14 20:00:14
145 postningar

mail 

Du måste vara inloggad för att skicka mail!

Visa alla svar

Huvudinlägg Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet? Kajsa Lindh 2007-12-12 17:15
svara Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?Bert Ytterhag2007-12-12 17:18
svara Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?Jonas Westman2007-12-12 23:00
svara Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?Ludek Hendrych2007-12-12 23:40
svara Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?Georgios Sidiras2007-12-14 20:00
svara Sv: Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?Jonas Westman2007-12-15 00:01
svara Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?Maria Lundqvist2007-12-16 15:01
svara Sv: Cancer, cytostatika och dykning. Erfarenhet?Kajsa Lindh2008-01-17 17:23

«TILLBAKA

Svara på detta inlägg
Vi ber dig följa de riktlinjer som beskrivs under Netiquette. Rubrik:

Svar: